Chef Benedick Gomes of Market Cafe dishes out mouth-watering Mexican recipes just for you. You are sure to enjoy this delectable spread.
refried beans 2 tbsp; nachos chips 15 pc; nachos cheese 50g; salsa 1tbsp; guacamole 1/2 tbsp; pica de gallo 50 g; sour cream 50 ml; jalapeno 1 slice
MET HOD :
For Refried Beans:
1. Boil kidney beans and strain. Mash the beans.
2. In a pan, take some oil, add garlic. Saute for a while.
3. Add tomato puree. Add beans, salt and pepper.
4. Remove from heat when a thick mixture is done
5. Place the refried beans on the base.
6. Add nachos chips, making a circle.
7. Grate some cheese on top.
8. Heat the above in a microwave for 30 seconds, till cheese melts.
9. Top it up with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
10. Garnish with picca de gallo and jalapeno slice.
Pollo Ala Plancha
chicken fillet 2 breasts or approx 150g for the chicken marinade; cumin powder 5g; chili powder 2g; chopped onions 15g; chopped garlic 5g; salt to taste; ground white pepper 2g; refined oil 20 ml; lime juice 5ml; ranchero sauce 100g; white onion rings 5g; flour tortilla 8 inch 2 pcs; salsa 1tsp; guacamole 1tsp; shredded lettuce 5g
1. Heat oil in pan, put in the marinated chicken and cook till the chicken changes color.
2. Put in onion rings, cook for 2 minutes till onion turns golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, prepare sizzler platter, heat the cast iron platter till its really hot.
4. Put in some butter till it smokes.
5. Transfer prepared chicken on a sizzler plate.
6. On a side plate, place two warm tortilla breads, shredded lettuce, salsa and guacamole.
whole wheat flour 3 cups; baking powder 1tsp; water 2 ½ cup; salt ½ tsp; sugarfree 3tbsp; egg yolk 2; oil; powdered sugarfree and cinnamon for dusting
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
2. Bring the measured water to a boil in a sauce pan, add the salt and sugarfree, stirring constantly, until both have dissolved.
3. Remove from heat, add all the flour and baking powder and beat the mixture continuously until smooth.
4. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
5. Set the batter aside to cool.
6. Have ready a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle, which will give the churros their traditional shape.
7. Serve with hot chocolate sauce
N.B.: Avoid churros and the chocolate sauce if you are diabetic.
tortilla 1no. ; refried beans 15g; cheddar mozzarella blend 20g; chopped onions 5g; chopped tomatoes 5g; refined oil 10ml; shredded lettuce 5g; sliced jalapenos 5g
1. Take a large 10-inch flour tortilla and spread some beans, add cheese, chopped onion, chopped tomato.
2. Fold it gently over in half and press gently, squishing them together.
3. In a large frying pan add 2 tablespoon of oil and heat.
4. Place the folded tortilla in pan and slowly saute it for 11/2 minutes, turn over and do the same.
5. Remove from fry pan and place on kitchen tissue and drain extra oil.
6. Cut into 4 wedges and place in dinner plate with shredded lettuce, sliced jalapeno and diced tomato.
7. Squirt some sour cream on dinner plate and a dollop of guacamole.
Recipe for 4 pcs of tortilla; 250g flour, egg1, salt 4g, sugarfree 2-3g, water 30ml.
Make nice soft dough, divide into 4 portions, roll out into thin bread.
corn tortillas 2 pcs; assorted vegetables 35-40g (cut into cubes,pan roasted slightly with 1 tsp oil); chopped onion 5g; shredded cheese 20g (cheddar/ monterey jack) enchilada sauce 2-3 tsp.
1. Take two corn tortillas and dip them in hot oil quickly and remove.
2. Take a towel and wipe oil away.
3. Put it in a dinner plate and add pan roasted veggies, chopped onion, shredded cheese and enchilada sauce.
4. Roll them both over inwards (otherwise they will flip out)
5. Top it with shredded cheese and enchilada sauce and microwave for 1min. 20 secs (depending on size of microwave).
6. Remove from microwave when done and squirt sour cream diagonally.
7. Serve immediately.
** Enchilada Sauce
Dry chilli 500g; garlic 100g; oil 50ml; tomato paste 100g; salt pepper; extra salt
1. Boil dry chilli in water and puree.
2. Saute garlic in oil and add tomato paste.
3. Pour in pureed dry chilli and boil.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. There should be little extra salt.
6. Thicken with roux.